Sunday, December 27, 2009

"For unto us a child is born..." -Isaiah 9:6

We officially welcomed Avery into this world on Decemeber 14th at 8:34 am! She weighed 7lbs 10oz and was 20.5 inches long. She is absolutely the most beautiful baby I have ever seen! (okay so I'm a little partial!)! The labor and delivery was pretty easy and very very FAST! Way faster than we or the nurses expected! They began my IV at 3am, broke my water at 5am and at 7am I was 10cm and ready to push! However, the dr. wasn't there yet, so we had to wait until 8 and after 3 contractions our sweet little miracle was here!!! We really did have a great experience and I am ready to do it again, however Jamie isn't quite ready yet!!! We want to enjoy Avery as an only child for a while, but I am already ready to have another! Childbirth was the most amazing experience I have ever had and I feel so blessed that God allowed me to experience it!!


As for Avery, we had her 1 week check up on Dec. 21 and the Dr. said she is "absolutely perfect". She had only lost an ounce from when she left the hospital so she is eating very well! She is eating extremely well and sleeping pretty good! She hasn't lost any of her hair yet and I'm hoping she doesn't! I can already put a bow in it! =)! We are just working on getting into a routine right now and so far so good!!

Thank you so much to everyone for praying and supporting us throughout this entire journey! We are so blessed to have so many amazing family members, friends and church family members! Thanks to everyone for everything!!! I hope you enjoy the pictures and MANY MANY more to come!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! God Bless!!!

No comments: