Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy 1 month!!!

I cannot believe that Avery is already 1 month old! It blows my mind how fast it has gone by!!! We are getting better with a schedule. She still eats every21/2-3 hours, every 2 at night (=no sleep for mommy)! She is much more alert these days! She will follow objects and will follow mommy or daddy with her eyes. She loves her swing and bouncey seat. She is still sleeping in our room in her pack and play. We are having a hard time getting her use to laying on flat surfaces, she loves to be surrounded but we are working on it and hopefully will get her into her crib soon. Bath time is still not her favorite, but she is beginning to get use to it!! She is changing and growing so much everyday! It amazes me! She smiles a lot, but it's not in response to anything yet. Normally its while she is sleeping and sometimes it sounds like she even laughs in her sleep! We go to the Dr. this week and I cannot wait to see how much weight she has gained and how much she has grown in length. She has definitely gained weight!! I can feel it when I'm holding her and you can see it in her thighs!! I love all the little rolls!! She has also just about grown out of newborn sizes and she hasn't even had a chance to wear all of her newborn stuff yet!!
As for Jamie....well lets say he was TRULY welcomed into fatherhood last night! He was holding Avery and knew she was filling up her diaper and was waiting until she was done to change her. When he got up, he realized that Avery's diaper had leaked all over him...hands, arm, shirt and all!! The look on his face was priceless!! I wish I had a picture of that!! But he handled it very well and cleaned her all up first and then himself!! Too funny!!!

No comments: