Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Years!!

My Beautiful Princess!!!

She LOVES her swing!!!

getting my first bottle!

Happy New Years! Can you believe it is already 2010?? That is just crazy to me! I'm sad to see 2009 go because it was such a special year for us, however we cannot wait to see what 2010 holds!! As for NYE, we did absolutely nothing!! And it was wonderful! Jamie didn't even make it til 12 but Avery and I were able to watch the ball drop! Her sleeping patterns have gotten much better! She eats every 2 1/2 -3 hours during the day, but at night she will go every 3 hours (3 1/2-4 if we're lucky!) until waking to feed!! She has also gotten into the routine of eating and going back to sleep instead of staying wide awake at 3am! Thank goodness!!!! She is definitely growing and yes....she still has hair! Woohoo!! We are still figuring things out ecspecially when it comes to breastfeeding and what upsets her tummy and what doesn't! It breaks my heart when I know something I have eaten hurts her, so I've been playing it as safe as possible! However, last night she had an upset tummy so we decided to try out giving her a bottle with milk previously pumped and she did great!! I'm glad to know that we have that option of being able to bottlefeed her if I am not around, plus it will give Jamie the opportunity to feed her as well!! Speaking of Jamie....he is already wrapped around her little finger! And he will admit it too!! He is such an amazing father! I love watching him hold, love and kiss her! It is the sweetest thing ever! I know there is always a bond between the parents and child, but there is something so very special about a father and daughter! It is beautiful!!!!
This past Saturday we took our newborn photos and they turned out great!!! We used Mari Wilkes photography who I actually found through looking at friend's blogspots and I came across her blog and fell in love with her work! She is absolutely amazing and was wonderful with Avery! You can preview some of our pics on her blog www.mariwilkes.blogpsot.com!!!

Now the sad part....our other daughter AKA Daisy is not doing so well with Avery! She is not aggressive or anything, but she is going through some serious seperation anxiety and it is not good!! She is depressed and acting out just to get our attention. Everyone kept saying give it 2 weeks, well Avery is 3 weeks now and Daisy is still not getting adjusted and honestly I don't know how much more I can take of it. I feel horrible for Daisy because since we have had her, she has been our child and always the center of attention and she isn't anymore! If we can find her a good home we are going to give her away to a family who can love her like she is used to being loved! It breaks my heart, but it really isn't fair to Daisy to be neglected!! So if anyone knows of someone who would like a beautiful miniature dachshund please let me know!!!!

1 comment:

TJ and Amy Garrigan said...

Summer, Thanks for the comment...I have been keeping up with your pregnancy and your sweet Avery and I must say she is beautiful. Congrats! I can't wait to see you at the Reunion this summer.